The NWS Alerts site provides watches, warnings, advisories, and similar products. Visit NWS Common Alerting Protocol for CAP v1.2 for updated documentation.
It is recommended to start by selecting your location. Selecting search without a location will assume all locations. Once the location is selected and the alerts are displayed, you can bookmark the URL for future searches.
Alerts based on your latitude/longitude generates the best results. Zone is otherwise recommended. Use county when searching for the following events:
- TOR (Tornado Warning)
- TOA (Tornado Watch)
- SVR (Severe Thunderstorm Warning)
- SVA (Severe Thunderstorm Watch)
- EWW (Extreme Wind Warning)
- SVS (Severe Weather Statement)
- SMW (Special Marine Warning)
- MWS (Marine Weather Statement)
- FFW (Convective Flash Flood Warning)
- FFS (Convective Flash Flood Statement)
- FLW (Areal Flood Warning)
- FLS (Areal Flood Advisory or Areal Flood Statement)
- SPS (Special Weather Statement)
NWS Zone and county maps and listings are available from the Management Information Retrieval System and the GIS Database.